As a busy mom with kids in multiple activities, I know how important it is to plan ahead when it comes to meals. With a little bit of preparation and organization, you can ensure that your family is well-fed and satisfied, even during the busiest of days. Here are my top 7 tips for planning ahead meals for busy households with children in activities:
- Create a Meal Plan: Take some time each week to create a meal plan for the upcoming week. This will help you avoid last-minute scrambling and ensure that everyone is well-fed and satisfied.
- Shop in Advance: Once you have your meal plan, shop for groceries in advance. This will help you avoid running to the grocery store multiple times during the week and save you time and energy.
- Prep in Advance: Take some time each week to prep ingredients or even whole meals in advance. This might include prepping vegetables, marinating meats, or cooking casseroles or soups in advance.
- Use Slow Cookers: Slow cookers are a busy mom’s best friend. Use a slow cooker to make meals that can cook while you’re away at work or shuttling the kids to activities.
- Double Up: When you do cook, double up the recipe and freeze half for later. This will save you time and energy on busy weeknights and ensure that you always have a meal on hand.
- Have a Backup Plan: It’s important to have a backup plan for those nights when everything goes wrong. Keep a few easy and quick meal options on hand, such as frozen pizzas or pasta, for those nights when you’re running late or too tired to cook.
- Get the Kids Involved: Get your kids involved in meal planning and preparation. This is a great opportunity to teach them about healthy eating habits and cooking skills, and it will also take some of the pressure off of you.
Remember, planning ahead when it comes to meals is a great way to ensure that your family is well-fed and satisfied, even during the busiest of days. By following these tips and embracing a little bit of organization and preparation, you can make mealtime a stress-free and enjoyable experience for the whole family.