As a busy mom with kids in multiple activities, I know how challenging it can be to keep everyone’s schedule straight. But with a little bit of planning and organization, you can turn chaos into order and keep everyone on track. Here are my top 7 calendar tips for busy households with children in activities:
- Keep a Centralized Calendar: Create a centralized calendar that’s visible to everyone in the household. This can be a physical calendar on the wall, a shared Google calendar, or a family planner app like Cozi. By having a centralized calendar, everyone will be on the same page and there will be no surprises.
- Use Color Coding: Assign a color to each family member and use it to distinguish their activities on the calendar. This will make it easy to see who is doing what and when, and it will also help to quickly identify scheduling conflicts.
- Add Details: Include as much detail as possible when adding activities to the calendar. This might include the location, time, duration, and any necessary equipment or supplies. By including these details, you’ll be able to avoid last-minute scrambling and ensure that everyone is fully prepared.
- Schedule Family Time: Make sure to schedule in some dedicated family time on the calendar. This might include a weekly family game night, a weekend hike, or a movie night. By scheduling family time in advance, you’ll make sure that it happens, even during the busiest of weeks.
- Set Reminders: Use calendar reminders to help you stay on top of important dates and events. This might include setting reminders for upcoming games, practices, or performances. By setting reminders, you’ll be able to stay organized and avoid last-minute scrambling.
- Plan Ahead: Take some time each week to review the upcoming schedule and plan ahead. This might include prepping snacks or meals in advance, packing sports bags or musical instruments, or coordinating carpools with other parents. By planning ahead, you’ll be able to minimize stress and maximize efficiency.
- Be Flexible: Remember that things don’t always go as planned, and that’s okay! Be prepared to make adjustments to the schedule as needed, and try to stay flexible and adaptable. By staying positive and rolling with the punches, you’ll be able to navigate even the busiest of schedules with grace and ease.
Remember, a busy schedule doesn’t have to mean chaos and stress. With a little bit of planning and organization, you can keep everyone on track and create a happy and harmonious household.